Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Christmas Gift To My Parents

Dad and Mom,
I'm so sorry we never connected on the phone today. I sure missed you but for my gift to you this year I wanted to tell you thank you. Thank you for being a couple that I want to pattern my marriage after. Thank you dad for making me love my birthday and making me want to make every ones birthday special. Thank you mom for being a great example to me, that I can still be mother and get an education. Thank you for always loving the gospel. Thank you both for reading your scriptures and letting me see you reading on your own. Thank you always doing your very best in whatever calling you had. Thank you for having family scripture study at 6 am. Thank you for having family home evening with us weekly. Thank you mom for dressing me up so you could take picture of me for your art work. Thank you dad for teaching that mom is the most important person in your life besides God. Thank you mom for always holding up your plate at dinner time and saying "This is what your plate should look like" with all those colors. Thank you dad for putting cheese in our eggs and ketchup on them as well. Thank you mom for teaching me how to iron dad's white shirts so he would pay $.25 at shirt. Thank you both for teaching how to set goals and reaching them. Thank you for showing me that is important to go on date even though you are married. Thank you dad for always treating mom and us girls with respect. Thank you for taking us on vacations. Thank you dad for taking me on daddy daughter dates. Thank you dad for telling me bed time stories that I now tell me kids. Thank you mom for singing to on those long car rides home from grandma's house, now I sing those songs to my kids. Thank you mom for teaching how if i color in one direction that it makes my picture look nice. Thank you dad for taking to McDonald's after I went to the doctor's office. Thank you mom for making being modest so important. Thank you dad for teaching me how to weed a garden. Thank you mom for teaching me that you don't always have to follow the recipe to make it taste good(thought it does help most of the time to follow it.) Thank you for loving me even when I mess up. Thank for waking up in the middle of the night and holding me when my legs hurt. Thank you mom for teaching me how to breath slowly when I'm in pain. Thank you mom for having those awesome dress-ups that all my friends loved to play with. Thank you for making home that I always felt safe in. Thank you for taking me swimming at BYU and letting me bring my friends. Thank you dad for working at the MTC so I could come and eat there with you. Thank you dad for getting me that job at the MTC. Now I know why you loved your job so much. It was the best job to be able to feel the spirit so strongly at work. Thank you mom for teaching me the right way to clean a bathroom so I could teach missionaries later on. Thank you mom for teaching me how to wash my own clothes when I only 8 years old. Thank you mom for proving you don't have to be a great speller to get your PhD. Thank you for serving mission even though it's hard at times. Thank you for being the kind of parents I want to be like. Thank you for being my parents. There is so much more I'm could thank you for but it's getting late. Just know that I love being your daughter and grateful for what wonderful parents the Lord has blessed me with me.
Merry Christmas
Love your daughter,
Kari

No comments: