Monday, May 17, 2010
No Self Control
So many times I tell myself "Today is the day you will have self control. No eating when you are bored or just because there is sweets in the house." That lasts about half a day if I'm lucky. Why is it that I can't do for more than a day? How do the rest of you do it? Right now I'm chewing gum to help me stop from eating junk. I'm also been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and The Biggest Loser which makes me think how unhealthy I have been. I want to be thinner but yet don't always want to do the work to get there. I just want to sit on my rear and not work for it, but that has to change. Wish me lucky and please send any advice you have on self control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kari,
I highly recommend you read the book WATER with LEMON by Zonya Focco. Any diet that is stressful, complicated, time consuming, of drastically life altering will ultimately fail - because it's WORK! And there's something about our psyche that wont let us associate eating with work, at least not for long. You need to find LITTLE ways to alter you eating - one habit at a time. And don't worry about adding another habit until the first has become so much a part of your life that you don't think about it -its disappeared! It take longer to lose weight this way - but it'll last longer too. Anyway - your focus should Always be on becoming healthy, not just losing weight. If weight-loss is a result of being healthy - great, but it's not your focus.
Here is a link to the website from this author/dietitian. But you can also just check her book out at the library - thats what I did.
Love ya
http://www.zonya.com/about_bio.html#
Self-control is a difficult thing. Eating can be an emotional thing sometimes, rather than it being because you're hungry. Chances are, you're not. It's a habit. If you can find something else to do to occupy your mind such as play outside with the kids, read a book or call a friend for support, that will be good. When I have my down days, I tend to eat more sweets. I'm an emotional eater. It's always been that way. I crave chocolate. On occasion I will allow myself one piece of chocolate from the store, like a Lindt chocolate ball or something, but I don't keep it in the house because I know what will happen if I do. I also satisfy my sweets cravings by eating teddy grahams or graham crackers (which I think you're already doing) but I allow myself to eat just two crackers or something like that. Or I buy those soft mints and eat those instead. I don't know. When you have a craving, you might try calling a friend. I'm here if you need me. :)
Post a Comment