Thursday, March 4, 2010

Days in Rio





















We stayed at our friend's house. His house made me feel like I was in New York. He had door man that would buzz you in. The elevator that a door on it that you would open it to get onto the elevator. Fernando lived on the 13th floor there was two more floor above him. There is only two apartments on his floor. The view was amazing but I couldn't be out on the balcony very long it made me nervous and for some reason I had the feeling I should jump. Fernando was very nice and gave up his room for Tyler and I to stay in. We went to dinner with Fernando, Patricia(engaged to Nando), Duda (brother) and Jona-Arther (cousin). We went to place like the Brazilian Grills in Utah. It tested pretty much the same but I the guys with meat come a lot faster and more often, that is only difference. That night I ate way too much meat.

Tuesday morning for breakfast we had meat, rolls, cheese, hot chocolate, papaya(it was very good). Then we went to work with Nando's work. We went to a granite factory. I thought it was very neat. After that Fernando had to go back to work so Jona-Arther (Fernando's cousin) took us out. We went to the Christ statue it was over cast and raining lightly all day. We went to a very Brazilian place for lunch where you would never see a tourist. Jona-Arther wasn't feeling good after lunch so he took us back to Fernando's house. We just hung out there and found out Jona-Arther was in the hospital he had pneumonia. We felt so bad but appreciated all he did for us. We stayed in for dinner. Vera, John(Fernando's parents), Patrica, Duda, and us had dinner. Kayla(the maide) made a great dinner. Afterwards Tyler, Fernando, Patrica and me played a card game called 13. It was a very nice night.

Wednesday Vera took me to get my nails painted. I picked out a hot pink. Tyler said it just adds to me looking 15. We went to exchange money and walk around the mall for bit. We got flip-flops that I think are so much more comfortable than Old Navy's. We got a pair for each of us and our children. We got a volleyball with Brazilian colors for our friend. Vera had lunch with us back at her house. After lunch Nando took us to the airport. We enjoyed our visit in Rio but wish we could have stayed longer. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soo Jealous! (Estou com ciumes)