Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flight to Brazil




I thought leaving on Sunday the airport wouldn't be super busy. Was I ever wrong. It was so busy though it might be different it was ski season. We stood in very long than got talking to the people in line behind us. We told them we aren't checking any bags, so they mentioned we go upstairs to the kiosk to check in it would be faster. Tyler got out of line to go upstairs than I got out of line to join him I was pretty close to the front though. Once we got up the kiosk told us to see agent than we had to go back to the long. We found the kiosk doesn't take passports going to three to four countries and Brazil was one of them. We were able get into a shorter line but it was moving slower than the long line. Once we got up to an agent we were told our seats aren't together. I might of put up a bigger fuss if we weren't running so late. Tyler and I first had to fly to New York JFK airport (four hours) than connect there to our flight to Sao Paulo than connect to Rio. The flight from SLC to NY seem really long for me. I didn't have anyone to talk to, the couple I was sitting next to had their headphone on the whole time watching tv on the little screens on the back of the seats. I thought it cost money to watch so I didn't want to pay, so I read my text book and slept a bit. The flight felt much longer to me than four hours. We had 3 hr wait in JFK so we got lunch and had a nice visit with a Brazilian lady named Daisy. She said I looked 12 yrs old but knew I wasn't once I opened my mouth. Once we got onto the plane we were able to sit together on the which was nice since it was 9 and half hours. (I told most it was a lot longer it was so sorry about that.) We sat by another Brazilian women and a Rabbi we had great conversation with them. This Brazilian woman's name was Vera she said I looked 15 yrs old. I think since the flight was all night it didn't seem that long because we slept most of it. When we landed in Sao Paulo it was raining and the airport was back up. We ended up having to walked down stairs off the plane than get on shuttle to get to the inside the airport. We had a nice surprise my parents were waiting for us there. We had lunch with them and visited before our flight took off to Rio. Our flight to Rio was only an hour. When we landed in Rio safely but it was raining there as well. Our friend picked up us. Here are few pictures of Tyler in the airport and plane.

No comments: